SpareFoot Self-Storage Selfie Photo Contest
Not only is it actually cool to take a “selfie” self-portrait pic, but it could also lead to an amazing prize!
SpareFoot Self-Storage Selfie Photo Contest
Introducing the SpareFoot Self-Storage Selfie Photo Contest, where not only is it actually cool to take a “selfie” self-portrait pic on your camer, but it could also lead to an amazing prize!
Just visit our Facebook page at selfstora.ge/storageselfie and submit your pic with the most ridiculous thing you own that probably should be kept in storage (or already is there). Not feeling selfies, even ironically? Just shy? No problem—simply snap a photo of the item by itself.
The contest ends Oct. 20. The photo with the most votes will receive either six free months of self-storage or a $500 Visa gift card!
If you don’t feel like entering the SpareFoot Self-Storage Selfie Photo Contest, you still can vote for your favorite photos once a day. Tell your friends!
Cost to Enter
To participate in the photo contest, you must (i) be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry; (ii) go to the photo contest Facebook tab (the “Contest Site”) and follow the instructions to participate and complete and submit an entry as specified; and (iii) submit one original photo that has never been copyrighted.
You may not become a participant if you are an employee of the Sponsor (SpareFoot). The Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner they deem appropriate.
Organizers Terms & Conditions
1. Rules. The photo contest is governed by these rules, terms and conditions (the “Official Rules”). By participating in the photo contest, you agree to these Official Rules and the decision of the judges which are final and binding. The Sponsor reserves the right to change these rules or cancel the photo contest at any time, at its sole discretion.
2. Program Period. The photo contest begins on September 16, 2013 and ends on October 20, 2013 at 12 noon, CDT (the “Program Period”). All registration attempts made outside the Program Period shall be void.
3. Submitted Images. By participating in the photo contest, you expressly agree not to submit any images that are unlawful, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or invasive of another person’s right of privacy or right of publicity, or that Sponsor may reasonably deem harmful, vulgar, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, abusive, harassing, threatening, hateful, objectionable with respect to race, religion, creed, national origin or gender, or otherwise unfit for publication. Sponsor shall not be liable in any way for such Content. If the image includes a picture of a minor under the age of 18, only the parent or guardian of the minor in the photo may submit the image. Any image that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor is considered inappropriate or unsuitable for publication will be deemed ineligible by Sponsor. The Sponsor will not return any images submitted to the Photo Contest.
By participating in the photo contest, you hereby grant Sponsor all rights to the image(s), including the right to edit, adapt, modify, or dispose of any proper names, likenesses, photographs, and/or city/states on any image(s), as well as all rights to publish, and use in any manner, on any SpareFoot, Inc. products and/or publications, print or electronic, and in any other media for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions in all media (including and without limitation, the Internet) without any consideration or payment to you, except where prohibited by law.
4. Copyright. Copyrighted photos will not be accepted.
6. How Winners are Selected. Photo contests winners will be determined by the community voting function within the Contest Facebook tab. Altogether, one (1) winner will be selected. The submitted images will be judged by community vote within the Facebook tab. Sponsor reserves the right to change the winner selection method and has the sole right to determine winners.
7. Prize. One (1) winner will be awarded the prize described below. Taxes, if any, related to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The prize cannot be assigned or transferred. Prize awarded: $500 VISA gift card.
WHO MAY VOTE: Voting is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia with a valid Facebook account. Void where prohibited by law. The voting process for the 2013 SpareFoot Self-Storage Selfie photo contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
VOTING DATES & VOTING STRUCTURE: The voting period will begin at 12:01 AM CDT on September 3, 2013 and end at 12:00 PM CDT on October 20, 2013.
VOTING: During the Voting Period, visit the SpareFoot Facebook page, available through selfstora.ge/selfie or facebook.com/sparefoot to select your favorite submission. You must Like SpareFoot in order to vote. To vote, click on the “Vote” button and accept requests for permissions. Limit one (1) vote per person and per Facebook account, per day. Votes received from any Facebook account or person in excess of the stated limitation for any photo during the Voting Period will be void, as will any votes received in violation of these Voting Terms and Conditions. Individuals are prohibited from submitting votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to any person, or directly or indirectly using automated or improper means to submit votes or create accounts. Promoter reserves the right to validate all votes received through any means determined by Promoter in its sole discretion.
9. Winner Notification; Affidavit of Eligibility; Delivery of prize. Winners will be notified within thirty (30) days after the end of the Program Period to the mailing address provided by the winner during the registration process. If a participant changes his/her mailing address after entering into the photo contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to update his/her mailing address by the end of the Program Period.
The prize shall be delivered to the winner at the mailing address provided on their respective Entry Form. Delivery of the prize may be by US postal service or other means as determined solely by the Sponsor. The Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (included, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) in the delivery of the prize to the winners.
If a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
10. Names of Winners. Winners consent that their names may be published in the print publication SpareFoot and on the Contest Site.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PHOTO CONTEST, YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY IN THE RULES, AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASEES” FROM AND AGAINST ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PHOTO CONTEST (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE BY THE WINNER), OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT THE PRIZE “AS IS”
12. Disputes. You acknowledge and agree that all disputes in relation to the photo contest, including but not limited to, eligibility, cheating, advancement and other issues related to the photo contest shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, and that such a decision by the Sponsor shall be final and binding.
13. Additional Terms and Conditions. Your participation in the photo contest constitutes a consent to (a) comply with these Official Rules, and (b) that you release and hold harmless the Sponsor, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind. All disputes relating to the photo contest shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any photo contest related materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any Web site associated with this photo contest, or process any transaction thereon. You acknowledge and agree that the photo contest is one of skill not chance. You further acknowledge and agree that your ability to succeed in the photo contest will be based purely on your skill versus that of other participants. The photo contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable mandatory federal (national), state and local laws.
One (1) winner will be awarded the prize described below. Taxes, if any, related to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The prize cannot be assigned or transferred.
Prize awarded: $500 VISA gift card.